BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 28, 2011

Come On, Girls! (Zaad)

So, we haven't written in a while and instead of bitching, I figured I'd just write.

I know that I am not always motivated to write on here because I like to keep my peeps updated on my own blog, (I wouldn't want to start a riot with my tens of followers or anything, heh) and one can only do so much writing.

Or, rather, I can only do so much writing.

*sighs* *needs a good topic* *writer's block sux ass*

When I don't have anything to write about, I usually start a gratitude list, but today I am going to use work as my fallback. 

Lately, it feels like my branch is forming into a family.  I love it.  It's always hard to start at a new branch, and in my field, I'm what we call a *branch jumper*- I switch around a lot.  Some of it is intended, some of it is not.  Just when I get really comfortable where I'm at and start to love the ones around me, I move.

This time it has taken much longer than usual, but it's probably due to the fact that my old manager and I were like long lost soul sisters.  It has made connecting with my new manager much more difficult than I expected.  Because while I don't say it, obviously what goes through my mind is a lot of *omg, Amy would never do/be/act like that*.  But - things have really done a 180 and it's a relief.

So, what changed?  Well, among having the best BFAW [best friend at work] ever, and having some work peeps over for game night, it really helps that I am dating a customer.  A customer that, IN FACT, went INTO MY BOSS'S OFFICE and asked if HE COULD DATE ME.

YEP.

After spending about 20 minutes my boss's office, during which I started sweating and shaking [mainly because I am not really sure if dating a customer is ALLOWED even, and I really thought my boss was going to angry with me] TJ left the office, and left the branch - without even looking at me.

He did it on purpose of course, he knew I was dying and wanted to know what was going on, so he probably had one hell of a chuckle to himself as he walked out.  Ten seconds later, my phone rings, and of course, Marc [jackass teller next to me] jumped to answer it, laughing his ass off: "Boss wants you in her office, Sarita."

UGH.

"Shut the door."
"You know, this feels a lot like when I was growing up and my dad would say *step in my office....*"
"Oh yeah?"
"Yep.
"So, is there anything you'd like to tell me?"
"Not really."
"How's Tim?"
"Who?"

Ok, so she finally starting laughing, said it was fine, and I started breathing again.  What followed was a really sweet conversation where she gave me advice, I listened attentively, she told me her opinions, I thanked her for not firing me, etc. etc.

All in all, it ended up being a real bonding moment.  I think that she now feels somewhat like my bank mom and likes it.  Almost like we have been searching for something to bond over, but on a personal level, we just haven't had ANYTHING in common.  But now we do, she's know TJ for years. 

Even if TJ and I don't work out, it's kind of cool that my boss and I are closer now.  This happened over a week ago and I didn't feel like writing about it in case I was imagining it, but in the past week, my boss and I have laughed and joked together more than we have in the previous 6 months. 

It's a good thing.

Just sayin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a boss who cares also.

Anonymous said...

Finally Glad to see someone besides myself come here!
Bump