BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Boss that Cares (Lulu)

I have always been the little guy at any job I have had and lets just say that my idea of "corporate" was not a very nice one.  I always had the idea that the big CEO's sit in their pretty little offices and that they have no clue what goes on in the little guys life nor would they even know who any of them are.

I had a incident that happed recently that turned that image around for me.  I love the company I work for and I love what I do.  But up until the other day I never realized that there are still a few CEO's who actually care about what happens in the lives of their employees.

I was the victim of a scam and on payday my bank account got wiped out.  As with everyone else in the world...I live paycheck to paycheck.  Not having that money meant that bills weren't gonna get paid and I wasn't going to be able to put food on the table while my kids were there.  Needless to say I lost all sense of hope and actually broke down at work in tears.  My manager called me into her office to find out what was going on so I told her.  At the end of the day she again pulled me in the office and told me that she had talked to the big guy (giving only minimum details) and asked what they should do.  His response..."Write her another check"

I was so blown away

The thing is, is that it does not stop there.  While I was at work the next day my big gray hair actually tried to call the CEO of the company to thank him.  Of course he could not get through to him but left a message anyways.  I was so proud of him.  As soon as he told me he did that my head went through the whole thoughts of....1. uh yeah kid, first of all it's the big guy so of course you wouldn't be able to actually talk to him.  2. It's a Saturday so of course you wouldn't reach him.  3.  The big guy will probably never get the message and even if he does why is he going to pay any attention to some kid of some employee.  Of course I never said that to Cody but I thought it.

BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

Yesterday my son received a letter in the mail, written and signed by the big guy himself, telling him he had gotten his message and that he was blown away that a teenage boy took the time to call his mothers employer just to say thank you.  He said the nicest things to my son and it touched my heart.  Not only that but he included a $50 gift card to Outback Steakhouse with a sticky note that said "here you can take your mom out to dinner". 

I am proud to say I work for a boss who actually cares about the little guys.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good things come to good people.